Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sciatica or something else?

Options
  • 05-02-2014 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭

So since about 14 weeks I've been experiencing numbness in my left thigh. Pretty sporadically, might go numb and wake up about two minutes later with just pins and needles. However in the past week it has become much more frequent and last night it was numb for at least an hour. Only seemed to start to wake up once I was dozing off, and the stabbing pain in it felt like someone was trying to shove a white hot wire into my leg. Sort of like the pain you get when a body part is recovering from extreme cold.
    It's numb right now as I lie in bed and has been since I woke up at 7am, from just under my butt cheek right down to just above the knee, but only on the outside. My actual lap part and inner thigh are fine.

Its not causing me any issues when it goes numb, usually I don't even notice that it is numb unless I place a bag on it or brush something off it. It's still totally asleep, but feels no different from my other leg and I have full movement. Will definitely ring GP if it gets worse or starts to get very painful - just wanted to get some ideas on what it might be!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Sounds like it! Very uncomfortable, I had it from about five months on. It took me about three days to realise it was gone after I had the baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

nikpmup wrote: »
    Sounds like it! Very uncomfortable, I had it from about five months on. It took me about three days to realise it was gone after I had the baby!

It's not regarded as high risk or anything like that, is it? I'm down for midwifery led care but they transfer you out if you become high risk :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

It could be that, it could be something else. Unfortunately we can't give medical advice so I'm going to close this. I suggest mentioning it to your GP at your next appointment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement