Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denim Jeans Bargain alert for Cork

Options
  • 05-02-2014 1:18am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭

There's a shop on Opera lane called Kikukihikikyu or something, it looks like a closing down sale (though there are no signs saying that they're closing, the shop just seems on it's last legs) and they're selling a lot of Pepe Jeans stuff for really cheap. According to the interwebs I now have 3 pairs of jeans worth €300+ but only paid €55. There's one catch - jeans are in limited sizes. Waists are from 32- to 34 and legs are only 34. I'm a 32 leg and got the jeans shortened in a clothes fixing place on Shandon street.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Are they a bit moist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Do you mean Kuyichi that faces the Crawford Gallery?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭dodzy

Giak wrote: »
    There's a shop on Opera lane called Kikukihikikyu or something, it looks like a closing down sale (though there are no signs saying that they're closing, the shop just seems on it's last legs) and they're selling a lot of Pepe Jeans stuff for really cheap. According to the interwebs I now have 3 pairs of jeans worth €300+ but only paid €55. There's one catch - jeans are in limited sizes. Waists are from 32- to 34 and legs are only 34. I'm a 32 leg and got the jeans shortened in a clothes fixing place on Shandon street.

3 pairs of pepe jeans worth €300? I thought they went with the Indians.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭Giak

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Not necessarily a closing sale or "place on its knees" - this is simply how good retail works.

I have stores around the country and in January after we do a stocktake and told by suppliers what products are no longer continuing, we get rid of those products as quickly as possible and will sell below cost. Why? - Because they are costing us money by being in storage and are a broken range. I want rid of them within 2 weeks so that I have space for all the new season stuff.

So a good retailer will almost give stuff away at a certain time of year (end Jan and End July are the best times after stocktakes) - if its your size and it suits you, you get a bargain.

Some will think they are being cheapskates - but retailers really really love these bargain hunters. Win win on all accounts. Supermarkets are similar with fresh food - 30 minutes before closing on food that cannot be sold the following day they will take anything as even 50c is in effect 50c profit, cos in theory, the item has been written off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

so thats where my old pants that i throw into the charity bag ends up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭Giak

sandin wrote: »
    Not necessarily a closing sale or "place on its knees" - this is simply how good retail works.

They have recently put up a closing down sign. I want a medal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

know the shop you mean.
    their stuff is usually very expensive, but they have men/womens t-shirts for 5/10 euro too. great value if the size is right.
    sad to see businesses go.

Advertisement