Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubic Hair Removal

Options
  • 05-02-2014 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭

Short of going to a salon, whats the best way of doing this?
    Considering it mainly for hygiene reasons.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Mach 3.

Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Slattsy wrote: »
    Mach 3.

Seriously.
    Using shaving foam?

Yup.

Sounds like a better idea. Can you do the back like that too?

Yeah but just be very careful. And keep the skin taut.

Never use a brand new blade. One that has seen plenty of use is ideal and then obviously throw it away.

Just take your time. You will get the odd cut though.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,464 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭lucky333

There is hair removal cream, trim down first, apply the cream, wait, wash off

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭full_irish

lucky333 wrote: »
    There is hair removal cream, trim down first, apply the cream, wait, wash off
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R231U4ZG0YDNHD/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R231U4ZG0YDNHD
    This review is from: Veet for Men Hair Removal Gel Creme 200 ml (Personal Care)
    Being a loose cannon who does not play by the rules the first thing I did was ignore the warning and smear this all over my knob and bollocks. The bollocks I knew and loved are gone now. In their place is a maroon coloured bag of agony which sends stabs of pain up my body every time it grazes against my thigh or an article of clothing. I am suffering so that you don't have to. Heed my lesson. DO NOT PUT ON KNOB AND BOLLOCKS.

(I am giving this product a 5 because despite the fact that I think my bollocks might fall off, they are now completely hairless.)

Above is why you don't use hair removal cream. Also, do NOT shave against the grain - you'll get in grown hairs and end up looking like a badly plucked turkey

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

It'll need to be done every day or second day at best. Unless you don't mind walking around with your hand down the front of your cacks scratching your sack all day long.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

full_irish wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R231U4ZG0YDNHD/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R231U4ZG0YDNHD

Above is why you don't use hair removal cream. Also, do NOT shave against the grain - you'll get in grown hairs and end up looking like a badly plucked turkey

That series of reviews is possibly one of the funniest things I have ever read :)

• Advertisement

Calibos wrote: »
    It'll need to be done every day or second day at best. Unless you don't mind walking around with your hand down the front of your cacks scratching your sack all day long.
    Dont want to end up like that so does that mean shaving wont work? Its mostly the hair at the back bothers me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,327 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

You can use a hair trimmers on blade 0.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Grayfoxy

Electric head razor on a raw blade, then if you wanted to go completely bald, leg/face razor with shaving foam,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Shaving serum is much better than foam in my opinion. Boots normally have the King Of Shaves products which I much prefer.

Oh, and be prepared for an itchy few days after

It'll be itchy after the first time alright but shouldn't be too bad after.

As the lads pointed out, I should have mentioned to trim first lol

To be honest, all I do these days is use a raw blade,

I don't use a mach 3 anymore, just too lazy :P

Think i'll give the razor and shaving foam option a go.
    Its only just the cheeks and crack hair I really want to get rid of. Doint mind being hairy at the front

• Administrators Posts: 53,464 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭lucky333

That's hilarious lol. I also hear a rumour that having no crack hair makes silent gas release impossible.

Either way, I know some men that do this and don't have any problems. My friend works in a salon and she said loads of men go in and get that area waxed, not just 'certain' men, all kinds of men ;)

awec wrote: »
    You're going to shave your arse?
    Purely for hygiene reasons,im not THAT kind of guy!
    His reasons for wanting to do it were te exact same as mine but reading tht makes you think twice.
    Problem is I think i'd be too embarrassed to go to a salon to get it waxed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Honestly, just trim.

Shaving your pubes looks absolutely ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭roro1990

Thanks for that. Possibly one of the funniest things I've ever read. I'm actually crying with laughter which hasn't happened to me in a long time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,114 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Think i'll give the razor and shaving foam option a go.
    Its only just the cheeks and crack hair I really want to get rid of. Doint mind being hairy at the front

get a beard or hair trimmer and trim your hairy bits and you will be grand.

If you shave it you are going to be very uncomfortable and look very strange for a few days later.

Think of giving yourself a stubble rash from your own arse and sack...
    #Mmmm

Dont listen to these people, shave it all off!!

Aesthetically it doesn't bother me in the slightest but like the guy in that article , i'm fed up of having "lingering bits" left behind and having to wipe for ages to remove them.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,114 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Aesthetically it doesn't bother me in the slightest but like the guy in that article , i'm fed up of having "lingering bits" left behind and having to wipe for ages to remove them.

Trim & babywipes.
    Clean to a squeak.

Next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Mach 3 in bath, moisturize afterwards - Roberts your fathers brother

Trim into a little Hitler moustache for added blowjob points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Straight razor...;) Best shave you can get.

Advertisement