Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours' water leak

Options
  • 04-02-2014 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Over a week ago I noticed water damage to my carpet.I live in a terraced house so after checking my own house I called in next door and asked if they had a leak.They said no.
    The next day it got worse so I called a plumber and he went in next door and identified the leak as their washing machine waste pipe.My neighbour said he would get it fixed.
    Water appeared again the following day and when I called in to the neighbours,their washing machine was running.The wife said her husband fixed it(he's not a plumber).
    Four days later the exact same scenario again.This time her husband said the problem wasn't his.His wife then spoke to me and said she was getting a plumber.No plumber ever arrived.
    Water has now leaked into my house a further four times.I have another plumber arriving tomorrow to give his opinion.I'm not sure if the neighbours will give him access to their property as they have been avoiding me.
    I've phoned my insurance company but they said that since the leak is on another property there isn't much point claiming on my policy as the leak will still be there.I feel like I have no choice but to go the legal route.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

OP if you are going the legal route then the only advice we can offer you is to consult a solicitor.

Mod Note: Gentle reminder to all that legal advice cannot be given on Boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 23,435 ✭✭✭✭ted1

how is someone else waste pipe leaking into your place

Advertisement