Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb taking several months for broadband installation

Options
  • 04-02-2014 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm just going to outline the drawn out and terrible experience I'm having and see if there's any advice that could help. Any feedback is most welcome.

Myself and 2 friends signed a lease on a new property on November 22nd. We wanted to transfer our existing Smart telecom account to the new residence and were told this process would take approx 10 working days. After this time expired, we were told that this was not possible as we have moved to a more rural area and the package we were on (up to 24mb line) was unavailable so we'd have to sign up as a new customer. We did this and were again told 10 - 15 working days to get the house running. This time expired and we were again told of delays. They said that they needed Eircom to release the line which they couldn't do as they didn't have proof of residence, so I spoke with Eircom, sent them a copy of the lease and received confirmation that they had no interference between ourselves and Digiweb.

We were then told an engineer had to come out and activate the line. I took a day off work for this and nobody showed. After a few days and several frustrating calls we were told that actually they didn't need to send an engineer and the line would be active soon. Several days passed and with no luck, we rang again, this time being told that we DO need an engineer to come out, so another appointment was booked, and I took another day of work, and again, nobody turned up (I ensured I had my phone on me all day... no missed calls). We've been speaking with them on an almost daily basis and every day we're told that they're working on sorting it but we don't think we're any closer to getting it sorted. As I said, we started this process on November 22nd and we're now into February with no luck. I've asked for a manager to call me back on at least 5 occasions (Each time being told I would get the call back) but as of yet have not received a single call from them. If it was just for social use I'd be annoyed but myself and one of my housemates work from home, meaning that I'm being put out around 35 euro per week in petrol costs to drive into the office and my housemate has not been able to move in yet as he must stay in his parents house (He lives 45 minutes away so has to stay where he has internet access) so he's been paying rent on a house since November and hasn't been able to move in yet.

I've filed a complaint with Comreg but still nothing is sorted and this process between petrol and rent has cost well over 1000 euro. Can anyone advise of any options that might be available to us? This has been by far the worst customer experience I've ever had and I'm including a very bad case of food poisoning I got from a restaurant.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Unfortunately DSL is notorious for these kinds of problems.

I would say keep on at them, Eircom is the one that's usually causing the problem in these cases.

In the meantime can you maybe get a Prepaid Broadband

https://store.meteor.ie/mobile-broadband-devices/pay-as-you-go/E3131-HiLink-Black-Stick

7.5GB for 20 euros

• Registered Users Posts: 3 fondu_tones

Cheers for that. Unfortunately as I say, I have moved to a very rural area so it has to be through the phone line. Can't pick up 3G anywhere on mobile connection. I was wondering if anyone knew if we have grounds for legal compensation for the hassle that has been caused directly because of the long and drawn out myriad of lies, misinformation, and bad customer service we've experienced? Like I say, their ****ty service has cost us alot of money at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Cheers for that. Unfortunately as I say, I have moved to a very rural area so it has to be through the phone line. Can't pick up 3G anywhere on mobile connection. I was wondering if anyone knew if we have grounds for legal compensation for the hassle that has been caused directly because of the long and drawn out myriad of lies, misinformation, and bad customer service we've experienced? Like I say, their ****ty service has cost us alot of money at this point.

Afraid not, Consumer Broadband does not have an SLA or underpinning contract.

The horrible thing with DSL is that changing to another provider now would mean even more time :(

Had the same problem myself in Ireland and a different country !

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sandrade80

Was wondering did anyone have the same kinda experiences as me dealing with digiweb .. I ordered satellite broadband from the on the 6th of may for my mobile home, they charged me €280 and told me it would be in with in 10 days. I Was delighted as I needed it for the kids when they were down in the mobile.
    After waiting 12 days for the installation and still hadn't heard a thing from digiweb I rang and was told it would be 3 more days .. This went on for a month every few days I'd ring and be told yeah definitely only 2 more days or 3 more even a one stage I had waited in expecting it to be installed after been told a pacific day and the installer never showed ..after 3 weeks I told them enough was enough and they admitted they hadn't even got the satellite in stock and promised they'd have it installed by the June bank holiday weekend as I had told them the kids would be down there .. That didn't happen either .. The 5th of June the instillation fellas turned up .. Only to realise it was going on mobile home they hadn't been told this information by digiweb and hadn't the materials to affix the satellite to the mobile.. after a discussion with the lads .. I learned they wouldn't be able to install the broadband as there fixing poll for the satellite was to small 😡 .. I contacted digiweb immediately and explained how annoyed I was that they were aware for a month were the satellite was going and they had seriously waisted my time .. I cancelled the order there and then I was told I'd be refunded in 5 working days .. After waiting 5 working day I rang wondering where the money was to be told it takes 30 days to get your money back, after a long talk they promised the money would definitely be back in my account by next Friday 27th of June ... We'll guess what it's not there ..I'd Never deal with digiweb again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

Sandrade80 wrote: »
    Was wondering did anyone have the same kinda experiences as me dealing with digiweb .. I ordered satellite broadband from the on the 6th of may for my mobile home, they charged me €280 and told me it would be in with in 10 days. I Was delighted as I needed it for the kids when they were down in the mobile.
    After waiting 12 days for the installation and still hadn't heard a thing from digiweb I rang and was told it would be 3 more days .. This went on for a month every few days I'd ring and be told yeah definitely only 2 more days or 3 more even a one stage I had waited in expecting it to be installed after been told a pacific day and the installer never showed ..after 3 weeks I told them enough was enough and they admitted they hadn't even got the satellite in stock and promised they'd have it installed by the June bank holiday weekend as I had told them the kids would be down there .. That didn't happen either .. The 5th of June the instillation fellas turned up .. Only to realise it was going on mobile home they hadn't been told this information by digiweb and hadn't the materials to affix the satellite to the mobile.. after a discussion with the lads .. I learned they wouldn't be able to install the broadband as there fixing poll for the satellite was to small 😡 .. I contacted digiweb immediately and explained how annoyed I was that they were aware for a month were the satellite was going and they had seriously waisted my time .. I cancelled the order there and then I was told I'd be refunded in 5 working days .. After waiting 5 working day I rang wondering where the money was to be told it takes 30 days to get your money back, after a long talk they promised the money would definitely be back in my account by next Friday 27th of June ... We'll guess what it's not there ..I'd Never deal with digiweb again

Your best option would be to contact your bank and request a charge back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement