Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring courses and grant

Options
  • 04-02-2014 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi, so I'm currently in my first year of college but I'm looking to transfer to a similar course but in a different college. Will this affect my grant in any way, particularly if I have to do the first year of the other course?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

ltsb94 wrote: »
    Hi, so I'm currently in my first year of college but I'm looking to transfer to a similar course but in a different college. Will this affect my grant in any way, particularly if I have to do the first year of the other course?

You probably wont get the grant for the 1st year of the new course. After your 1st year of the new course you should be able to apply showing you have progressed to 2nd year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ltsb94

If I were to get into the second year of the course do you know if that would effect it? I'm kinda thinking maybe it wouldn't

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

ltsb94 wrote: »
    If I were to get into the second year of the course do you know if that would effect it? I'm kinda thinking maybe it wouldn't
    it shouldn't as you would be progressing as such I don't believe it would affect it . You would need to contact them and see if they are ok with you transferring or if you need to reapply

Advertisement