Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to live if working in Clonskeagh

Options
  • 04-02-2014 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi all,

I'm moving up to Dublin with work and will be based in the Clonskeagh area. I'll be looking for a house share as I'm on my own. I'll be travelling to work by car.

My knowledge of Dublin is quite poor, so any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭GavMan

greenpower wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm moving up to Dublin with work and will be based in the Clonskeagh area. I'll be looking for a house share as I'm on my own. I'll be travelling to work by car.

My knowledge of Dublin is quite poor, so any help would be much appreciated.

Paddy Power by any chance?

Clonskeagh itself is a great place to live.

If you're a grad, I'd recommend a house share in Ranelagh, Clonskeagh side of UCD or maybe Goatstown. All are a very short drive to work. thought I'd recommend a cycle to dodge traffic. Great eateries, pubs (if thats your thing) and super close to town. Easily walkable.

Milltown/Dundrum (should be some apartment options in Dundrum) is an option. Stillorgan/Kilmacud too as you're drive.

Great location and lots of options. Good luck OP

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

yeah Id agree with Clonskeagh, Milltown, Dundrum, Windy Arbour. Somewhere close to luas would be handy as it means you can get in and out of town and up to dundrum town centre without always having to rely on car... Traffic can be pretty bad on certain roads at certain times, where in clonskeagh exactly will you be working?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

greenpower wrote: »
    I'll be travelling to work by car.
    Unless you're starting at 7am or before, consider using public transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭omicron

the_syco wrote: »

The above can't be emphasised enough, if you're in for 8 or 9 and living in anywhere that involves going through Goatstown or Dundrum you'll spend way too much of your day in traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭markpb

the_syco wrote: »

Public transport in the area is no great shakes either. Cycling is the only decent option around there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

There are plenty of areas within walking or cycling distance of Clonskeagh, I would also avoid driving to work if possible. I used to work in Clonskeagh and lived in Milltown, 15 minute walk to work. Also, if you work near the N11 public transport isn't too bad, I think the 10 bus goes that way if I remember correctly and that's fairly frequent.

Advertisement