Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish language story book with song recommendations?

• 04-02-2014 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all :)

I'm currently doing a H.Dip in Montessori teaching and would love to do a lesson with the kids involving the Irish language and singing.

My idea is to read them a story in Irish and sing the words of the story in a song. I know there are heaps of these kinds of books in English but there doesn't seem to be any in Irish.

I've done some hunting around on litriocht.com and in a few bookshops but I haven't seen anything like what I want.

Has anyone come across anything like or have any recommendations of where to look?

Thanks! :D

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

missamused wrote: »
    Hi all :)

I'm currently doing a H.Dip in Montessori teaching and would love to do a lesson with the kids involving the Irish language and singing.

My idea is to read them a story in Irish and sing the words of the story in a song. I know there are heaps of these kinds of books in English but there doesn't seem to be any in Irish.

I've done some hunting around on litriocht.com and in a few bookshops but I haven't seen anything like what I want.

Has anyone come across anything like or have any recommendations of where to look?

Thanks! :D
    There are plenty of poems and rhymes that my lot love.
    There are loads but the current favourite here is Gugulaí Gug , the book came with a CD .
    An Garbhán is just as brilliant as gaeilge too .
    Spraoi le chèile is a great book that you should be able to get from your local childcare committee , I don't use it often but it is free and a lovely resource .

• Registered Users Posts: 3 missamused

Thank you very much, I will look into those! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Brill suggestions there from Moonbeam, Gugalai Gug is so good.

This one called Ici Pici is an utter gem as well!

http://doimnic.com/en/siopa/ici-pici-2

Really fun and innovative with quirky sounds and funny voices like fake robots, etc. Highly recommend this and it's a native speaker from Donegal and a living legend of the sean nos style - though this is modern sounding.

*new mac, yet to locate the sineadh fada!

Advertisement