Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Irish language story book with song recommendations?

• 04-02-2014 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3 missamused

Hi all :)

I'm currently doing a H.Dip in Montessori teaching and would love to do a lesson with the kids involving the Irish language and singing.

My idea is to read them a story in Irish and sing the words of the story in a song. I know there are heaps of these kinds of books in English but there doesn't seem to be any in Irish.

I've done some hunting around on litriocht.com and in a few bookshops but I haven't seen anything like what I want.

Has anyone come across anything like or have any recommendations of where to look?

Thanks! :D

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Moonbeam

missamused wrote: »
    Hi all :)

I'm currently doing a H.Dip in Montessori teaching and would love to do a lesson with the kids involving the Irish language and singing.

My idea is to read them a story in Irish and sing the words of the story in a song. I know there are heaps of these kinds of books in English but there doesn't seem to be any in Irish.

I've done some hunting around on litriocht.com and in a few bookshops but I haven't seen anything like what I want.

Has anyone come across anything like or have any recommendations of where to look?

Thanks! :D
    There are plenty of poems and rhymes that my lot love.
    There are loads but the current favourite here is Gugulaí Gug , the book came with a CD .
    An Garbhán is just as brilliant as gaeilge too .
    Spraoi le chèile is a great book that you should be able to get from your local childcare committee , I don't use it often but it is free and a lovely resource .

• Registered Users Posts: 3 missamused

Thank you very much, I will look into those! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 pog it

Brill suggestions there from Moonbeam, Gugalai Gug is so good.

This one called Ici Pici is an utter gem as well!

http://doimnic.com/en/siopa/ici-pici-2

Really fun and innovative with quirky sounds and funny voices like fake robots, etc. Highly recommend this and it's a native speaker from Donegal and a living legend of the sean nos style - though this is modern sounding.

*new mac, yet to locate the sineadh fada!

Advertisement