Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

RBS Motors in D12 opinions

Options
  • 04-02-2014 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anybody bought a car from above?
    How are they to deal with?

I have currently my eyes on a E36 BMW 316 automatik (I know it's slow but comfortable ;)... well more comfy than my Civic 1.4 EU1).

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=87057118

also,
    Repair history available,

:confused:

you'd think they'd sort out a couple of bulbs before making an ad

no-image-large.gif&width=380&height=285

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭MSVforever

Thanks BMJD.

That's enough for putting me off.

Do you know anything about Tynan autos on Cromwellsfort Road?
    There was one thread on boards about them but nobody had any experience.

It's really difficult to find a decent used car dealer (especially in bangernomics territory). Bought from local mechanic in the past but unfortunately he moved back to Hungary
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭murty01

I wish I had thought of reviewing RBS Motors here before I bought off them last December. It's been a momentous week this week. It's the first time since I bought a car off them that I finally got the log book changed into my name. After buying from them they gave me every excuse in the book why the car wasn't changed to my name. Firstly for the first 3 months it seemed that a mythical 'head office ' of theirs held my log book and after a few weeks they somehow lost it. So a new one had to applied for. This was in March . 3 months after buying the car. Then came the revelation that change of ownership had to be done into RBS' name. This was the middle of April. But it mysteriously by fair means or foul got changed into a dealer in Santry that had gone out of business in 2009!!!. Crazy stuff. Some excuses made for that I'll tell ya.I had my NCT in May. Luckily they didn't look for the log book. I only found out about the Santry dealer from the NCT cert. I tried everything after that to go around RBS to try to get the log book. I had to coz they were doing nothing to get my log book. I rang Shannon every few days to plead my case. Everytime I rang Shannon it was like starting over again with them. A new voice everytime and the story had to be told again. Eventually they agreed to send out a statement of Declaration. Got it filled out but it was rejected by Shannon because it was a dealer I bought it off not a private sale. In the end I had to change it into a friends name by him saying I had left the country and got him to sign it then over into my name. MORAL OF THE STORY: Avoid RBS Motors like the plague. They do not give a damn about their customers. As shady as they come it seems to me.if you do have to deal with them look for the log book the day you buy off them. Do not give them money until you at least get a photocopy of the current log book. You may need the previous owners details later. If you are trading in a car to them make sure you get a RF105 form signed and stamped. That was another mistake I made with them and I got an eflow bill from the M50 a few months later. What an experience it all was. They can get away it, I found out, because the motor tax system in Ireland I'd open to corruption and fraud. AVOID AVOID AVOID RBS Motors.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Golfgorfield

murty01 wrote: »
    I wish I had thought of reviewing RBS Motors here before I bought off them last December. It's been a momentous week this week. It's the first time since I bought a car off them that I finally got the log book changed into my name. After buying from them they gave me every excuse in the book why the car wasn't changed to my name. Firstly for the first 3 months it seemed that a mythical 'head office ' of theirs held my log book and after a few weeks they somehow lost it. So a new one had to applied for. This was in March . 3 months after buying the car. Then came the revelation that change of ownership had to be done into RBS' name. This was the middle of April. But it mysteriously by fair means or foul got changed into a dealer in Santry that had gone out of business in 2009!!!. Crazy stuff. Some excuses made for that I'll tell ya.I had my NCT in May. Luckily they didn't look for the log book. I only found out about the Santry dealer from the NCT cert. I tried everything after that to go around RBS to try to get the log book. I had to coz they were doing nothing to get my log book. I rang Shannon every few days to plead my case. Everytime I rang Shannon it was like starting over again with them. A new voice everytime and the story had to be told again. Eventually they agreed to send out a statement of Declaration. Got it filled out but it was rejected by Shannon because it was a dealer I bought it off not a private sale. In the end I had to change it into a friends name by him saying I had left the country and got him to sign it then over into my name. MORAL OF THE STORY: Avoid RBS Motors like the plague. They do not give a damn about their customers. As shady as they come it seems to me.if you do have to deal with them look for the log book the day you buy off them. Do not give them money until you at least get a photocopy of the current log book. You may need the previous owners details later. If you are trading in a car to them make sure you get a RF105 form signed and stamped. That was another mistake I made with them and I got an eflow bill from the M50 a few months later. What an experience it all was. They can get away it, I found out, because the motor tax system in Ireland I'd open to corruption and fraud. AVOID AVOID AVOID RBS Motors.

You should have circum navigated the M50 100 times a day for a few days.

id imagine that your ownership issues would have been sorted once the letters started to land somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,218 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is the car you bought any good? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

"RBS, a name you recognise. That's why we used it"

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I wish I had thought of reviewing RBS Motors here before I bought off them last December.

It's been a momentous week this week. It's the first time since I bought a car off them that I finally got the log book changed into my name. After buying from them they gave me every excuse in the book why the car wasn't changed to my name.

Firstly for the first 3 months it seemed that a mythical 'head office ' of theirs held my log book and after a few weeks they somehow lost it. So a new one had to applied for. This was in March 3 months after buying the car.

Then came the revelation that change of ownership had to be done into RBS' name. This was the middle of April. But it mysteriously by fair means or foul got changed into a dealer in Santry that had gone out of business in 2009!!!.

Crazy stuff. Some excuses made for that I'll tell ya.I had my NCT in May. Luckily they didn't look for the log book. I only found out about the Santry dealer from the NCT cert. I tried everything after that to go around RBS to try to get the log book. I had to coz they were doing nothing to get my log book.

I rang Shannon every few days to plead my case. Everytime I rang Shannon it was like starting over again with them. A new voice everytime and the story had to be told again. Eventually they agreed to send out a statement of Declaration.

Got it filled out but it was rejected by Shannon because it was a dealer I bought it off not a private sale. In the end I had to change it into a friends name by him saying I had left the country and got him to sign it then over into my name.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Avoid RBS Motors like the plague. They do not give a damn about their customers. As shady as they come it seems to me.if you do have to deal with them look for the log book the day you buy off them. Do not give them money until you at least get a photocopy of the current log book. You may need the previous owners details later.

If you are trading in a car to them make sure you get a RF105 form signed and stamped. That was another mistake I made with them and I got an eflow bill from the M50 a few months later.

What an experience it all was. They can get away it, I found out, because the motor tax system in Ireland I'd open to corruption and fraud. AVOID AVOID AVOID RBS Motors.

Paragraphs help.
    So the car is ok but you had a lot of trouble getting the logbook?
    It's not the first nor the last time this has happened with any seller.

Advertisement