Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dalkey Dispensary

Options
  • 04-02-2014 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

Tried to call the Dispensary on Sunday evening but no reply, went into Dalkey but they were closed. I now see their website is down.
    Love going there and try to go every fortnight. Anyone shed any light on what is happening?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,425 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I think they suffered an identity crisis. Were they a tapas bar or a restaurant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Oliver from Select Stores posted on Facebook that they have closed permanently.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Glenalla

Confirmed last night that it is closed for good, what a real shame I thought it was great.
    What are other peoples opinion on the best restaurant in the Dalkey area as I need to find another place to escape to every so often?

Glenalla wrote: »
    Confirmed last night that it is closed for good, what a real shame I thought it was great.
    What are other peoples opinion on the best restaurant in the Dalkey area as I need to find another place to escape to every so often?

Le Petit Cochon (was Tribes) in Glasthule is good.

It's a tough question to answer as my favourites change depending on my mood.

I don't think I've ever had a bad meal in Dalkey.

Glenalla wrote: »

Ragazzis, Devilles, Benito's, Kathmandu, Jaipur, the guinea pig are all excellent.

The fish bowl like look of ouzos has never attracted me. I know there's seats out back but I always feel sorry for those that get put on the window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

ted1 wrote: »
    Ragazzis, Devilles, Benito's, Kathmandu, Jaipur, the guinea pig are all excellent.

The fish bowl like look of ouzos has never attracted me. I know there's seats out back but I always feel sorry for those that get put on the window.

Both Benito's and Jaipur have large windows where people can see in, don't see how they're any different to Ouzo's.

Didn't rate Kathmandu when I was there. Has anyone been to the new place that took over where Nosh was?

Both Benito's and Jaipur have large windows where people can see in, don't see how they're any different to Ouzo's.

Didn't rate Kathmandu when I was there. Has anyone been to the new place that took over where Nosh was?

Once, had a nice burger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

it's gone on sale for 550k if you fancy keeping it open :pac:

The lighting is different, this makes the difference and diners are much more on display as the windows are full length

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

They were a customer of mine over the last few years and great to deal with. Sorry to hear they've closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Glenalla

Does anyone know where Maurice, the maitre d' from the dispensary, is now, he looked after us very well in the Dispensary and previously when he was in Walters a number of years ago?

It funny, I was talking to my parents last night about restaurants in Dalkey and told them to avoid the dispensary. Not a place I liked at all. I found the food average and the service hit and miss.

Benitos was once my favourite but isn't what it used to be.

Ouzos is just excellent IMO, never had a bad experience there and will continue to return regularly.

The newly opened tuck shop down by the club is a great causal diner kind of place, been there twice since it opened and found the food delicious and the staff great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I was in Benito's for the first time on Sunday (had take-away pizzas from there before) and thought it was great. Super quality mozzarella in the caprese salad and our pizza and pasta was great too. Also had Bisol Prosecco for the first time and it was superb and seemingly good value at €34 seeing as O'Brien's sell it for €25.

Must try the tuck shop soon.

It funny, I was talking to my parents last night about restaurants in Dalkey and told them to avoid the dispensary. Not a place I liked at all. I found the food average and the service hit and miss.

Benitos was once my favourite but isn't what it used to be.

Ouzos is just excellent IMO, never had a bad experience there and will continue to return regularly.

The newly opened tuck shop down by the club is a great causal diner kind of place, been there twice since it opened and found the food delicious and the staff great.
    Agree was there on Friday, very disappointing.
    Bad service, mediocre food.
    It used to be one of my favourites. Never again

ted1 wrote: »
    Agree was there on Friday, very disappointing.
    Bad service, mediocre food.
    It used to be one of my favourites. Never again

It's lost something since Claudio left.

Advertisement