Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evita

Options
  • 04-02-2014 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Runs at the BGE Theatre from 10th-15th February.

Anyone going?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I love the music in the show but hate the show, it's not exactly captivating. Saw it in London with Elena Rogers and saw the touring production in the Gaiety about 6/7 years ago. Can't remember which one was better but all I remember was that Philip Quast was sick and we got his understudy in London...and I never want to see the show ever again. Ever. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭tomboylady

I saw a production years and years ago and don't really remember a lot about it. Going to see it on Tuesday. Fingers crossed!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I'm going to see it on Thursday :) Not really sure what to expect, but will report back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

Was there last night.
    Production is good, but Marti Pellow's voice just didn't seem strong enough for his part.

Also doubt the soldiers in 1940's Argentina wore Cold War Russian helmets :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭tomboylady

I saw it on Tuesday night also. Madalena Alberto was excellent, the overall production was great, but unfortunately Marti Pellow was the weak link. I didn't like his portrayal of Che, he sung a lot of the numbers rather softly and too quietly for my liking. He was clearly a big draw for people though (the audience adored him), so don't put too much emphasis on my opinion!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Joe47

I thought it was a good production. I agree that Madalena Alberto was very good but I thought Marti Pellow performed well.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭AndrewJD

No plans to see it based largely off of the casting choice of Marti Pellow. Seeing him in War of The Worlds was the last straw. It's not at all surprising to me that the above posters have found him to be the weak link.

When the show started, I thought, Oh, Dear. BUT, Marty got better as the show went on. The rest of the cast were great and performed brilliantly. Some of the scenery changes were a bit off putting. Dancing and dresses were lovely. I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I didn't notice anything wrong with Marti Pellow! I was a complete Evita virgin though so have nothing to compare it too. I really liked it though. I thought the acting was good and the dancing was great. At times I found it a little hard to make out what was being said, but overall it was good. Wouldn't be my favourite musical, but I enjoyed the night!

Advertisement