Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplementary Welfare Allowance, Cork city Hanover street

Options
  • 04-02-2014 12:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭

Hey,
    So I went into the social welfare office today to ask about the SWA, I've had my appointment for JSA already and handed in all documents I was asked for. They almost seemed confused, as if they've never been asked about it before. My number was taken and I was told I'd get a call this afternoon.

Just wondering is this normal protocol? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Forgive me for asking but ,is the CWO based there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭CaoimheCweeva

This is the thing - first time I went in there and asked at reception, the man said he "wasn't sure".I even rang them sometime last week and they said I had to wait until after my appointment and then to ask at reception, which was CLOSED when I finished my appointment. The following day a woman at reception told me that it was, but I couldn't meet with a CWO until they had all documents they asked for. Then today, when I gave in my final piece of document, I was told something different, that I would be called this afternoon - which I wasn't. VERY annoying!
    I know that you can only meet with a CWO mondays and tuesdays from I think 9 - 11 / 11.30. I know there's another office for CWO's on grattan street, but I think you've to go to whichever is closest to you - which is yet again annoying, because the one on grattan street is open monday to friday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Here is a link to a list of the clinics. See which one is nearest to you. http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/otheroffice/community-welfare-office-cork.aspx

Advertisement