Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

windows best value

Options
  • 04-02-2014 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi, i am just buying a house in the south west, low on budget so it is a real doer upper on a grand scale, but i had to go with what i can afford, anyway i need a couple of windows urgently as soon as i get the keys, possibly 5 weeks or so, just trying to get organised and time to look for stuff. for double glazing /pvc etc where would be the best/cheapest place to buy ? even second hand would be ok. any ideas welcomed as i need a door as well.:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Have you thought of Jumbletown or Freecycle? Sometimes you can be lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭cambasque

no i hadn't, thanks for those ideas ! been out of the country for a long time so am very green in these things !

It can be hit or miss and easy to be too late to get something but I've had my share of good luck, and I've given away several bits and pieces myself over the years, you never know what might turn up although I see you have a deadline. Good luck anyway. Someone else here might be able to help you out.

Hey i could be lucky....i haven't really a deadline...it's just i won't be there until 5 weeks time so just trying to set things up in advance as much as i can...also need to fill a few vacant window holes for a little bit of comfort as well! Thanks for your help again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Trade pay about €100 per square meter for standard 60mm uPVC. Supply only.

B&Q do real cheap standard sizes as well.

Really easy to fit, check youtube.

• Advertisement

Ok...I"'ll check ban out.....not much luck on the free sites but I will keep a close eye on them.

cambasque wrote: »
    Ok...I"'ll check ban out.....not much luck on the free sites but I will keep a close eye on them.

If you have subscribed then put in a wanted ad. Someone might have something at the back of the shed/garage they might want to be rid of. And bump it up regularly. I suggest you keep abreast of their site rules as well. I just luuuv freebies but had to stop taking stuff in because I was in danger of hoarding! :o Now I'm getting rid of stuff so I can breathe!

good point ! you haven't any windows stuck back in there somewhere by any chance ?!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mr Bob

cgarrad wrote: »
    Trade pay about €100 per square meter for standard 60mm uPVC. Supply only.
    That sounds good, where is that?

good point ! you haven't any windows stuck back in there somewhere by any chance ?!!!!:D

Sadly no. If I had I would have offered them long ago! :D

• Advertisement

Mr Bob wrote: »
    That sounds good, where is that?

Just as for a supply only price. Should come in around that price. If not ring elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Try Adverts.ie

i rang bnq in Limerick and they said they didn't sell windows ? just inside doors.....will try adverts as well thanks!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

If new, then I phoned around and <snip> were the cheapest and also the best product IMO

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

i rang bnq in Limerick and they said they didn't sell windows ? just inside doors.....will try adverts as well thanks!

http://www.diy.com/nav/build/windows-fixtures/pvcu-windows

give the ean number of these and they will order them

slave1 wrote: »
    If new, then I phoned around and <snip> were the cheapest and also the best product IMO

Terrible company, read what is said on Boards about them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

slave1 wrote: »

Worst wooden windows/doors I ever had to suffer...

You need a B&Q Warehouse to have the pre-sized windows in stock. They're standard sizes but that doesn't mean they'll be anything close to what you've got in the house unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭patspost

Try buyandsell. Or donedeal.ie. some might pop up

i have been tracking them, nothing yet !!

Advertisement