Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russell Brand is 10 years sober :)

Options
  • 04-02-2014 6:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭

And he's written a very good article about it:
    I cannot accurately convey to you the efficiency of heroin in neutralising pain. It transforms a tight, white fist into a gentle, brown wave. From my first inhalation 15 years ago, it fumigated my private hell and lay me down in its hazy pastures and a bathroom floor in Hackney embraced me like a womb.

This shadow is darkly cast on the retina of my soul and whenever I am dislodged from comfort my focus falls there.

It is 10 years since I used drugs or drank alcohol and my life has improved immeasurably. I have a job, a house, a cat, good friendships and generally a bright outlook.

The price of this is constant vigilance because the disease of addiction is not rational

It's a good long read and can be found in full, here:

http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2013/mar/09/russell-brand-life-without-drugs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭lm01

The advent of Facebook as a sign of the coming End Times obviously scared him straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Carpet diem

Amazingfun wrote: »
    And he's written a very good article about it:

It's a good long read and can be found in full, here:

http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2013/mar/09/russell-brand-life-without-drugs
    Check out his YouTube video on it. It's very good. Certainly more to him than meets the eye.

Great article - thanks

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I love this :D
    Methadone is a drug.. to me, taking methadone instead of heroin is like rearranging the furniture on the Titanic

Advertisement