Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly tying classes

Options
  • 04-02-2014 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Im wondering does anyone know if there is any fly tying classes around Galway or mayo for A junior? if anyone would tell me that would be good, i want to get into tying my own flies and catching trout with them!!!

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭slaneylad

Davie mcPhails videos on youtube are very very good. That's how I'm learning, You need a lot of patients at the start especially with trout flies as they are small and fiddly.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭dazza161989

Hi,

Im wondering does anyone know if there is any fly tying classes around Galway or mayo for A junior? if anyone would tell me that would be good, i want to get into tying my own flies and catching trout with them!!!

thanks.

There are literally thousands of videos on YouTube on fly tying, as well as web sites full of great articles and info.there are hundreds of great publications also such as the fly tying bible & flies of Ireland. Get yourself a comprehensive fly tying kit and get tying, the best way to get good is through practise. I have been tying flies a few years now and it's all self thought. Best of luck and tight lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

Hi,

thanks.

There are weekly sessions in Loughrea, I'll dig out the details for you...

• Registered Users Posts: 21 flyfish anywhere

Hi,

thanks.

I have 'the fly tying bible' book. Gave me lots of usefull tips when I was starting out. Pm me your address and I'll post it to you if ya like it's only gathering dust on a shelf now! I'll root it out at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

That Would be Great
    thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement