Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

the doctors daughter

• 04-02-2014 12:24am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm on a netflix binge at the moment and just finished the doctors daughter and wondered like they did with Sarah Jane would there be value in a spinoff starring her as a character?
    As a very much aimed at kids show I think it would have potential

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'm on a netflix binge at the moment and just finished the doctors daughter and wondered like they did with Sarah Jane would there be value in a spinoff starring her as a character?
    As a very much aimed at kids show I think it would have potential

Sarah Jane, or Jenny.

Sarah Jane had a CBBC show.

AFAIK, there was talk of making a Jenny spin-off but it never happened. I'd say Georgia Moffett/Tennant would probably not be interested anymore!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Sarah Jane, or Jenny.

Sarah Jane had a CBBC show.

AFAIK, there was talk of making a Jenny spin-off but it never happened. I'd say Georgia Moffett/Tennant would probably not be interested anymore!

Jenny its a shame, and if written well wouldn't need Tennant
    I also thought vastra jenny flint and strax would make a good CBBC show as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Jenny its a shame, and if written well wouldn't need Tennant
    I also thought vastra jenny flint and strax would make a good CBBC show as well
    He meant Moffett/Tennant in that her name became Tennant when she married David.

I won't be ruling anything to do with Jenny out until Stephen Moffats time as showrunner is over, since it was his idea to have her come back to life at the end.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Raphael wrote: »
    He meant Moffett/Tennant in that her name became Tennant when she married David.

:eek: :P
    I won't be ruling anything to do with Jenny out until Stephen Moffats time as showrunner is over, since it was his idea to have her come back to life at the end.

Ah, he only said that it was awful downbeat to have her dead at the end.

Some day, Moffat is going to kill a character and they'll stay frigging dead. Well, maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭flazio

It's interesting because Russell T Davies was all for leaving Jenny dead but it was Steven Moffat who said, 'Actually you know what don't kill her.'

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Raphael wrote: »

Lucky insert expletive here

Advertisement