Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Required age to book hotel room in Ireland?

Options
  • 03-02-2014 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey guys,
    There's a family event coming up and unfortunately there's no room for me in the host's house! There is a hotel down the street from them but I was wondering is there a legal age to book a hotel here or does it vary depending on hotel policy? I'm 17 years old, do you reckon they'd ask for ID even if the age is 18? Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭Gatica

They don't usually ask for ID in Ireland, usually if you've pre-booked they need either your booking reference number or sometimes they can do with just your name.
    However, pre-booking usually requires a deposit by credit card (which I don't think you can have before you're 18 unless you get one of those prepaid ones) or debit card (which depends on bank according to http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=62698017). You're best to call the hotel in question and ask them directly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

do you have a credit card

Advertisement