Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PVC fencing

Options
  • 03-02-2014 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

Am in the process of getting a 9 foot gate and pedestrian gate made up from 2 inch box iron, ill be putting on the finish.
    Am looking for a vertical plank finished look preferably from PVC but am at a loss to source or view it in the flesh.
    Anyone in Munster/Cork have any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Anyone or should I move it to the cork forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 greenart

Hi slicemeister, if you are making the frame already and just want to make the door covering from PVC you could use composite decking boards. Attach with self tapping screws or bolts with a flat head . It should work very well as a material for a gate. Can probably buy in the lengths you want or can be cut to 9ft lengths. Space on the frame with gaps as appropriate to avoid cutting down the length of board if you wish to make the appropriate width of door.
    I have installed PVC fencing in Leinster area great product. Composite decking is a similar no maintenance product.
    Simples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Thanks greenart that sounds like what I'm after, no maintenance or little of is my aim. Must go googling!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 taz37

Morn everyone. I'm in the process of putting up post/rail fence. Was thinking of
    PVC anybody know do,s and don't,s and where best to buy. Thks in
    Advance

Advertisement