Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Write Club??

Options
  • 03-02-2014 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭

Is Write Club active any more? I mean I know it's there, I just posted but there hasn't been a post for months and months before that so wondering if I am wasting my time posting there for feedback?

Is Pickarooney not round these parts these days?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Can't help you with your questions, but I love the idea of a writing club. Would love to hear if you get anywhere with answers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

hcass wrote: »
    Is Write Club active any more? I mean I know it's there, I just posted but there hasn't been a post for months and months before that so wondering if I am wasting my time posting there for feedback?

Is Pickarooney not round these parts these days?

Pickarooney a community cannot make. No active users no Community.

I know I stopped coming here. I used to be very much involved in online writing groups, but a lot less active now. I used to love offering constructive criticism and even putting up my own writing. My lifestyle has changed somewhat :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fuzzytrooper

I would've loved to continue with Write Club but interest seemed to wane after a week or so. I'm guessing people got too busy with life.

Such a shame. Perhaps we could create a poll to see if there would be a couple of folks interested.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It's still there. People just have to start posting again.

There's been only 1 post in the last six months! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

I'd like to get involved. How does it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭sdevine89

I'd be very interested too

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭hcass

You used to contact Pickarooney and he'd put you in -it's basically a place where you can post privately and get criticism or feedback...

If you were composing a story for a competition that wanted unpublished pieces only then it is great to post there.

How about you set up a new one hcass? Maybe we can rekindle the interest :)

Could we not just keep the old one going?

• Advertisement

I just posted in Write Club - Pickarooney is Mod there so if anyone wants to join give him a PM.

I'd love it all kickstarted again - it seems to have a bit with the new Writing Prompt Thread which was an inspired idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Haven't been here in months either but loved comps,just pure coincidence i have some time tonight and decided to have a peek :) Everyone still on for it?

Sure, just tell me where to go/what to do :)

Advertisement