Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling season - when does this start?

Options
  • 03-02-2014 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

When does selling season begin in Ireland? Early spring? Summer? I'm not seeing much come online

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

on_my_oe wrote: »
    When does selling season begin in Ireland? Early spring? Summer? I'm not seeing much come online

Well it is winter so spring and summer haven't happened yet.

Traditionally it is spring but actually dependent on the weather. Wet weather slows down houses joining the market by virtue of people not able to clean the garden, paint out or inside (gloss/varnish) etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 78,350 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I don't think there is a defined 'season' any more.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

About 1999

• Registered Users Posts: 25,823 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Ray, stop it! Its the meteorological season that begins in March. Not the system we use in Ireland, which is the Gaelic Calendar. That calender has Spring as the 1st of Feb, which is also St Bridgids day.

Where, exactly, is it defined in Ireland when spring starts

The only definitin I can think is from the church, who say St Brigid's say is 1 Feb - and it seems ye all grew up with "we singi a song to Brigid, Brigid brings the spring" - but I thought that church-based definitions were kinda unpopular these days.

The meterological definiton makes a lot more sense, because it's at least based in some science.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Where, exactly, is it defined in Ireland when spring starts

The Gaelic Calender.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,350 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Honestly folks, this thread is about "Selling season" not "Spring" or "Silly season".

Constructive posts only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭earlyevening

Never been a better time to sell...lol

Advertisement