Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letter for exceptional performance

Options
  • 03-02-2014 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

If anybody is familiar with the letters you recieve "for exceptional performance" from the President of UL, could you remind me what the qualifying QCA is?

the presidents list letters.

3.70? 3.75? ....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It's 3.6 and above, I believe. It's nothing that special. Just a letter saying well done on your good semester, and best of luck for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

actually, I think it's very special :) me and all my letters... MUAHAHAHA

On a more serious note, thanking you! - I asume you're quite certain that it's 3.60?

Just FYI, employers love these letters. You can have any opinion towards them you like, but employers get all wet in their nether regions when you put them on a CV.

actually, I think it's very special :) me and all my letters... MUAHAHAHA

On a more serious note, thanking you! - I asume you're quite certain that it's 3.60?

Just FYI, employers love these letters. You can have any opinion towards them you like, but employers get all wet in their nether regions when you put them on a CV.

I'm pretty sure. I got 3.65 my first semester back, 3.96 the second and 3.9 the 3rd.

If I get the letter for the overall degree, I'll be proper happy, but I'll be throwing them on the CV anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Username99

chrislad wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure. I got 3.65 my first semester back, 3.96 the second and 3.9 the 3rd.

If I get the letter for the overall degree, I'll be proper happy, but I'll be throwing them on the CV anyway.

Did the letters get sent out yet for last semester? I got a 3.64 last semester and so far nothing has arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Ompala

Though it was 3.5 no?
    They tend to take a while to arrive, at least in my part of the country, so wouldn't be expecting them anytime soon.

• Advertisement

Username99 wrote: »
    Did the letters get sent out yet for last semester? I got a 3.64 last semester and so far nothing has arrived.

Not yet. Generally week 6 or so I got my last two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Ompala wrote: »
    Though it was 3.5 no?
    They tend to take a while to arrive, at least in my part of the country, so wouldn't be expecting them anytime soon.

I honestly thought it was 3.70 or something! It is the presidents list like...

I've sent an email to the engineering secretary asking but i'm still waiting on a reply. :rolleyes:

Might have to see if they'll send me out a replacement one for the one i've lost. :o

I honestly thought it was 3.70 or something! It is the presidents list like...

I've sent an email to the engineering secretary asking but i'm still waiting on a reply. :rolleyes:

Might have to see if they'll send me out a replacement one for the one i've lost. :o

Well, 3.5 is a 1.1 and not many people manage that!
    3 of us in my apartment last year got it, certain a lad doing computers was around 3.5 and got one.
    It could vary from faculty to faculty but I don't think it does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Username99

Well, 3.5 is a 1.1 and not many people manage that!
    3 of us in my apartment last year got it, certain a lad doing computers was around 3.5 and got one.
    It could vary from faculty to faculty but I don't think it does.

Is graduating with a QCA of 3.5 or over considered a 1.1 for all courses in UL?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Beargrylls01

They send it out to anyone who gets over a 3.5. I have gotten a 3.58 before and got one, although it took 5 months from the end of tests to come out, I got last summers one in like early october. The winter ones are sent out after repeat checks and all that, so in a week or two it'll come, or at least mine usually does.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Got my one and only for a 3.56 so its a 3.5 i reckon.

Second one coming soon i hope :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

Did people get their letters yet?

Harpy wrote: »

nah itll come dont worry, they always do

Harpy wrote: »

Mine arrived yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

I got mine yesterday too.

Mine arrived yesterday

Hey do you mind if I ask what course do you/all of ye do?

Hey do you mind if I ask what course do you/all of ye do?

Same course as you, in 2nd year and from same part of the country!

Same course as you, in 2nd year and from same part of the country!

Hmmmm, curiouser and curiouser....

Nenagh then ?

How did you know my username :D

Hmmmm, curiouser and curiouser....

Nenagh then ?

How did you know my username :D

Bingo, ya told me the name a long time ago lad :pac:

• Advertisement

Bingo, ya told me the name a long time ago lad :pac:

Ha grand! how is second year treating ya ?

Ha grand! how is second year treating ya ?

Most of the stuff is grand out not too tough just lots of it to learn, hows co op going for ye?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Got a letter. I was hoping to just pass. Underestimate myself :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kenya1234

Do people get a letter for a thesis in a masters?

Advertisement