Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rules on when to give notice period

Options
  • 02-02-2014 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭

My notice period is 30 days. Can I give the notice at any time, or does it have to be from the end of my currently paid month?

E.g I pay my rent on the 1st of the month, so if I paid rent on the first of Feb, do I have to wait until the end of the month to give notice?

Thanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

We need more details about your tenancy. Are you renting a whole property or a room? Are you living with your landlord? Do you have a signed lease?

Generally speaking you can give notice anytime, and you would just pay the portion of the last month that is owed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

to make it clear, it is a month from the day you are leaving,
    say if you are leaving the first of march, you let the landlord know on the first of February that you will be moving out, better be safe than sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Firstly you should have started your own thread. Secondly ask for the money now. Your not running a charity. No such thing as being money hungry here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Firstly you should have started your own thread. Secondly ask for the money now. Your not running a charity. No such thing as being money hungry here.

I did apologise. I wasnt sure if it would be suitable here or in pi, but since this thread was pretty much what I was after, I just asked the question here. Maybe mods can move it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement