Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting planning for a new build

Options
  • 02-02-2014 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi guys, we recently cleared a sizeable area of land at the home place and it now looks big enough to build on, it has a seperate access too which is a help, long story short though I had heard that you needed at least a half acre to get planning permission, someone told me this years ago but I can't find any info online relating to this.

NB. We are in Donegal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

martyhass wrote: »
    Hi guys, we recently cleared a sizeable area of land at the home place and it now looks big enough to build on, it has a seperate access too which is a help, long story short though I had heard that you needed at least a half acre to get planning permission, someone told me this years ago but I can't find any info online relating to this.

NB. We are in Donegal

i think the half acre relates to minimum size needed for a septic tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

As far as I know it's around 3/4 of an acre now. The reason being the distance needed between the septic tank, the well and the boundary of the site. I am open to correction on this

• Registered Users Posts: 3 martyhass

Thanks guys, will have to research it a bit more so, maybe consult citizens advice this week.

Advertisement