Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pool rule

Options
  • 02-02-2014 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

was watching a game of pool in a pub never saw it happen before so i thought id ask here. a player has a ball over the pocket hits the white and misses the ball when the player goes away from the table the players ball goes down.

am i correct in saying that this is a foul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I'd say it has to be a foul as the player hasn't made a valid white-hits-objectball shot (regardless of the fact that the ball subsequently moved).

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Gumble01

its not a foul shot sometimes the ball can be so close to the edge of the pocket it can fall in on its own in this case the ball will be put back to where it was http://www.irishpool.ie/Downloads/Rules/Blackball_Rules.pdf
    falls under rule 4o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭mr lee

ball should be replaced,when the player walks away from the table the ball has stopped moving,vibrations cause the ball to fall,neither player is at fault

Advertisement