Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobseekers Allowance query

Options
  • 02-02-2014 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

I am living at home with my mother and have been claiming jobseekers for over a year. I have recently been offered a position in a great company and I am due to start tomorrow. The only problem is that my first months pay won't be until the end of february and I just can't afford to go a month without pay. Normally I would have a bit of money put aside but after being out of work for a year and then with Christmas and work that I needed to get done to the car I have no contingency. I was just wondering if there is something I can claim for the interim month? Is there even some way I can claim a jobseekers allowance for the month and then make arrangements to pay it back?

Comments

Advertisement