Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfast in a day

Options
  • 02-02-2014 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Me and a friend are going up to Belfast for the day next Thursday from Dublin. Our train gets in at 11.50 and leaves at 20.05. We've booked the Titanic experience for two and we plan on doing some shopping. Couple of questions though:
    Where are the best places for shopping?
    Should I get some sterling, or am I better off just paying for everything with my debit card?
    Where's best to eat? We'll probably have our dinner at lunch time and then just get something small before we get on the train home.
    Are there any other attractions that are must see?
    Also, should we avoid anywhere in particular?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

No need to avoid anywhere if you're knocking about town for the day... I don't see your day's activities bringing you anywhere near somewhere you shouldn't be going....

You might be better off getting some sterling - just take a wodge out of an ATM, transaction fees on individual debit card transactions quickly add up.

I'm told the food in the Titani museum is very good, I haven't eaten there though. It is rather pricy.
    I would recommend The Barge, which is moored behind the waterfront. Excellent food and drink. Failing that, Belfast has plenty of good eating houses! ;)

Advertisement