Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

41 weeks and cracking up!

Options
  • 02-02-2014 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

No pre labour signs, no braxton hicks, still plenty of baby movement. If nothing starts, will be admitted for induction on Tuesday, total pants!! Anyone had a super spontaneous labour??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Sweet_pea

Have you had a sweep yet?

I went 11 days over, had a sweep Tuesday morning, contractions started that evening and had the boy on Thursday morning.

This was only 3 weeks ago so I can clearly remember how frustrating it is to go over. Keep walking if you can and bouncing on the fit ball and SLEEP!!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭LoopyLolly88

I went 10 days over with my first & 8 days over with my second had no signs what so ever before labour started so theres still plenty of time. My 3rd was just stubborn lol went 11 days over & was induced. Good luck x

• Registered Users Posts: 10 buggirl

No sweep offered but the thought gave me the heebie jeebies anyway. I was reading posts where people knew how engaged the head was or if the cervix was ripe or they had dilated but I haven't had any internal examinations at all. Will def get lots of naps in today in preparation!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Aww, really feel for you. It's the very worst part of pregnancy. I started contractions +12 days, had the baby +14. My waters never broke, no show, nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

buggirl wrote: »
    No pre labour signs, no braxton hicks, still plenty of baby movement. If nothing starts, will be admitted for induction on Tuesday, total pants!! Anyone had a super spontaneous labour??

My babs arrived on his due date contractions started at 1am! Up until then I never had a show or Braxton hick! In fact rang the hospital at 4am telling them I had period pains!! Waters didn't break till 10am and then had a show after waters going! So really I think everything happened in reverse for me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

Have you tried all the old wives tales? Sex, a drive on a bumpy road, walking, spicy food, evening primrose oil? The gel that they'll use for your induction is the equivalent of 'four good bonks' to quote a doctor of my acquaintance. All of mine were 5-10 days late, they can't stay in forever despite how you might be feeling. Hang in there :)

Advertisement