Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a house that is not complete

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The first one is in an estate, most likely is connected to the grid, and all four have a driveway, defined boundaries, atc.

I'm guessing this is the 2nd houses location. No driveway, and unknown sewage system, etc.

Both houses could be stripped of all wiring and plumbing by a certain community, so don't count on the "1st fix" scenario.

If the other houses had people living in them, I would prefer the 1st set to the 2nd link.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bombadil

Buying a house nearly completed is an ideal option if you would like to finish a house in the style you would like and very large savings are possible against the cost of buying a site and building from scratch. Having done this please heed the advice given in the thread below.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057076487

Of the two options you have presented above I would prefer the 2nd house... but would imagine it requires much more money spending on it that the 1st link... the larger the house the larger the cost of completion.. sounds obvious but check your costings!

Advertisement