Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 Nexus 7 Virus Protection

Options
  • 02-02-2014 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of buying Nexus in the next couple of weeks. Do I need to buy virus protection software or a virus protection app?

Any recommendations if I need to buy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Gorteen wrote: »
    I'm thinking of buying Nexus in the next couple of weeks. Do I need to buy virus protection software or a virus protection app?

No you won't need it with 4.4 - I suggest rooting it and installing Adblock to keep the external sources of malware (non Play Store junk) at bay.

http://source.android.com/devices/tech/security/enhancements44.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Gorteen

advertsfox wrote: »
    No you won't need it with 4.4 - I suggest rooting it and installing Adblock to keep the external sources of malware (non Play Store junk) at bay.

http://source.android.com/devices/tech/security/enhancements44.html

What does rooting it mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭jgbyr

What does rooting it mean?
    en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_rooting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Frankly there's no need to buy virus protection software for anything nowadays be that Android, iOS, Windows (PC and Phone), Mac, Linux (Ubuntu, etc.), etc.

Advertisement