Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Gate - DIY or tradesman recommend

Options
  • 02-02-2014 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭

The side gate to our house is in bits. Has been for a while. My wife was getting someone to qoute a replacement, but they have a full time job. So, dragging on and no fix.

It's approx 3 by 6 feet. Can you get these pre made and installed or do ye know someone that could complete from scratch.

Any recommendations appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭kevinkmb36

P.M sent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Thread followed, looking for same possibly times 3. Same question as above, please dont pm me tho, thats not how boards.ie works, share the knowledge!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

should be able to buy premade

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭black & white

If you're anyway handy, have a go yourself. Get some decking planks - pressure treated already - good quality heavy hinges, and some good quality woodscrews. A saw, screwindriver and a drill and Bob's your uncle. Remember though, measure twice and cut once.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

There is a guy who has a stall in the Market on Saturdays, Martin, who makes and installs metal gates. they can be metal only or metal frame with wood. Got one 6 or 7 years ago and it has needed minimal maintenance and is still perfect. He used to have a few samples with him and a folder of other gates to show what options are available. Would highly recommend him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

i make gates like homer makes bbqs

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    There is a guy who has a stall in the Market on Saturdays, Martin, who makes and installs metal gates. they can be metal only or metal frame with wood. Got one 6 or 7 years ago and it has needed minimal maintenance and is still perfect. He used to have a few samples with him and a folder of other gates to show what options are available. Would highly recommend him.

Any chance you could send me on his details, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Any chance you could send me on his details, cheers

I don't have them any more. But he has a small stall opposite the fishing shooting and archery store.

Advertisement