Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Dell Laptop - left in taxi on 1st February

Options
  • 02-02-2014 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I left my laptop in a taxi in the early hours of Saturday 1st February. I've called all the Garda stations and unfortunately nothing as been handed in yet.

The taxi picked me up on Dame street at approximately 3.30am, outside the Centra at the junction of George's street, and dropped me to Shankill. The taxi was a black 5/7 series BMW. The laptop was a Dell laptop in a grey case with blue lining and I left it on the floor behind the passenger seat.

If anyone knows of a taxi driver that has a taxi that fits that description and was working that night please could you ask him to check his taxi. I appreciate anyone's help in finding the laptop as it's really important that I find it.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭doughef

I was going to ask if you tried the carriage office but it appears they do not look after lost property anymore.

Here is a list of garda stations that do http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=100

You didnt by any chance hailo the taxi??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 xxxJasminexxx

doughef wrote: »
    I was going to ask if you tried the carriage office but it appears they do not look after lost property anymore.

Here is a list of garda stations that do http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=100

You didnt by any chance hailo the taxi??

Hi Doughef,

Thanks for the link. I've called all the Garda stations and nothing handed in as of yet.

Unfortunately, I didn't hailo the taxi. A couple of taxi companies sent a message out to all drivers for me. So I'm hoping the driver might be linked with a taxi company. This will teach me to start asking for taxi receipts!

Thanks again.

Advertisement