Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JA - please advise

Options
  • 02-02-2014 2:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I applied for jobseeker allowance and I'm hoping to receive it once I'm done with paperwork.
    However where I live at the moment I do not pay rent and I'm alone in the flat. My friend is looking for a place and kind of hinted I could move in with him rent free for a while. But then as I understand this we will be co-habiting. I'm concerned how it will affect my JA. I really can't afford not to get it since I'm still looking for work and don't know when I'll find one. And for me it's a bit ridiculous since we are not in any kind of relationship!! It's simply a way to help me out a bit and it's not like JA is that big a sum!
    Can someone advise is it even possible for me to be able to keep my JA - assuming I'll get it anyway, and be able to live with my friend? I had a lady from SW come over and I get the feeling she was also checking if I'm alone in the flat so obviously there's no way I can lie about this.

Advertisement