Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monthly Letting Advice

Options
  • 01-02-2014 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hello

Would anyone know if there are any services (not serviced apartments) that offer rooms on monthly lets?

I work between Dublin and Belfast and this would be great for me.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

I don't really follow your question - and seemingly many others as there have been nearly 70 views but no reply.

What exactly are you looking for?
    A room that you can rent for a month then move out for a month, then move back for a month?
    A room that you can rent month by month, but no fixed period of time?
    A room that is in a shared accommodation (house or apartment) or a, what was known as a "bedsit" type of accommodation.
    A studio flat that you can rent, where you would be the sole occupier?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Im guessing the OP means like a hotel/B&B, only one that offers monthly rates rather than nightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Luke80

sorry guys for not being clear.

What I mean is a room that you can rent month by month, but no fixed period of time

Thanks

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Luke80 wrote: »
    sorry guys for not being clear.

What I mean is a room that you can rent month by month, but no fixed period of time

Thanks

An owner occupier might be the best solution if you are looking for a home to live in, otherwise you may wish to contact a local B&B to see if you can come to an arrangement with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

An owner occupier might be the best solution if you are looking for a home to live in, otherwise you may wish to contact a local B&B to see if you can come to an arrangement with them.
    I would agree with The_Morrigan, rent a room in a house with an owner-occupier. Some prople don't like the possible restrictions that may be imposed by the landlord, usually in regards to overnight visitors, but personally, I like the freedom of being able to move out, usually with a maximum notice period of 1 month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Doop

There are but they seem to be few and far between...see link below.

http://www.daft.ie/21405334

I use to work back in the day in a guest house and we had quite a few regulars who lived there monday - friday for work at a reduced rate, maybe try contacting smaller hotels and guest houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭whippet

give this place a call

http://www.fitzcourt.com/rent-drogheda-apartments.php

the website is a little scant on detail but I know they used to do 3 month leases, going back a good few years ago I rented in there for 6 months. They are comfortable, central and at the time were good value.

Plus it is between dublin and belfast on the train line

Advertisement