Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pressure and excuses to stop it

Options
  • 01-02-2014 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all, I recently applied for job seekers even though i do not wish to work at the moment. i lost my job last month and was treated very poorly by my former employer. i worked to my full potential staying late regularly and being put under alot of pressure and they didnt even give me notice that i was being let go.
    i am considering my options now and have decided i may move abroad in the coming months. my head is all over the place and i am not sure i want to go back into the workforce straight away. i am aware that social welfare is offering people courses to go on, job bridges and jobs. What excuses can I give to avoid doing these?
    If I come off jobseekers when they offer me a job or if I refuse and they stop my payments, can I not just reapply? Would they ban me forever or for some time?
    In other words, What is the worst than can happen If a person refuses something, can they be made pay back the money they got previously if they were not considered as looking for work?
    many thanks to you all

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

It's called Job Seekers for a reason... if you're not actively looking for a job, even applying for them, then you can be taken off the payment. Unless you have enough savings to cover your ass until you decide what to do with your life I wouldn't be thinking of any excuses.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

OPs question answered sufficiently. Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement