Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a little advice

Options
  • 01-02-2014 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi I'm hoping someone can help l. I'm moving in with my girlfriend who has two children from a previous relationship and is on lone parents allowance. I'm on jobseekers allowance and recently have found two days work a week which Im really hoping I can take.. Only thing is Im unsure of how telling the social welfare of the two days work and moving in will affect my payment and hers.. She lives in Cluid housing also and her rent could be affected I think. I would really appreciate any help.. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Her rent will go up and she won't be able to claim lone parents any longer as she is cohabiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 pacoban34

Thanks...would it be possible for my post to be moved to a forum that deals with questions about social welfare...thanks very much

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,909 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Moved to State Benefits.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Same as January said, she will no longer be able to claim lone parents as she is living with you (the fact that you are not the father is irrelevant) and the rent in her housing will go up based on your income.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

Ypu can claim Jobseekers for yourself and herself and kid/s.
    What you earn on the days your working will be meanstested against your claim, but not the entire amount.
    If youwere lucky enough to get 20 hours work, you could claim FIS instead.
    As already stated, inform Cluid of the change in household makeup so they can adjust the rent.
    The very best of luck to you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement