Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charging Indicator full at 91%

Options
  • 01-02-2014 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭

i bought a Sony Xperia SP the other day and whenever I plug it in to charge it has an orange light. When I get the green light I plug it out thinking that it's fully charged, but no, it's only on 91%. This is incredibly annoying. I plug it in again and it charges away to 100% but the light doesn't change colour.

Does anybody know how to change the charging indicator so that it doesn't change colour until the phone is fully charged?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭leche solara

On Xperias the light changes to green when charging reaches 90%. Nothing can be done about that.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Same with the Galaxy S4 actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Same on the Nexus 4 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

On Xperias the light changes to green when charging reaches 90%. Nothing can be done about that.

This is wrong. It can be changed in a number if ways.

Most if not all OEMs do this.

A simple solution is to use LightFlow (might need root, I've never used it without so can't say) to manage your notification light and set the threshold for the battery to be fully charged at 100%.

Advertisement