Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can i move county if i am already housed on RAS scheme

Options
  • 01-02-2014 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,
    i'm currently living in athlone in a RAS house but i want to move home to cork.I'm from cork originally but moved away a few years ago after getting married for business purposes.The business failed and recently so did the marriage,so now im stuck on my own in the middle of the country.All my family live in cork and my niece has just been diagnosed with leukemia so i have to move back to support regardless,but my question is does anybody know what will happen regarding re applying for a council house in cork? will i be allowed or is there a a certain time i need wait to apply?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

You should contact the RAS office in Athlone town council or Westmeath CoCo who will be able to advise you fully of your options and the best way to deal with your situation. afaik you can break your lease for certain reasons but you will need to confirm that you will be able to go onto the housing list and RAS list in Cork when you move.

You are not in a council rented property but a private property with a private lease and the council will need to find someone to assign your lease to before they would allow you to break it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lorr82

thanks very much x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

lorr82 wrote: »
    thanks very much x
    The RAS people are very happy to answer such questions and give people information, maybe ring up and give the basics and ask for an appointment to discuss it further.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,823 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I think you will also need to contact the council in Cork and ask if they will accept you onto their list.

In the circumstances, they probably will. But you never know 'til you ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lorr82

thanks guys il give them a call on monday x

• Advertisement
Advertisement