Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidi warehouse sale

Options
  • 01-02-2014 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭

Sale at Eastpoint,anyone know if it is worth a trip.I read some old posts and they seem to have odd views.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Where is east point??

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

On the Tipperary road. Its just before Lyons of Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Looked like a feeding frenzy on facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Was out there last evening. TBH I thought it was mostly loads of rubbish on offer for sale. Reminded me of those " clearance auctions" that used take place in hotels on Sunday afternoons a few years back.

They're selling the sort of stuff you can be tempted to buy on the spot, then never find a reason to use afterwards.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I got a good few things for my toddler. Best value was an easel with blackboard/magnetic whiteboard and lots of accessories for €15. Also a nice quality glockenspiel, an art smock and table/floor protector and other bits and pieces like socks, a big truck, play rug and an umbrella for him. Got myself a great bike helmet for €5, which was great as I was kicking myself recently for not getting it when it was on special for €12.

My dad got a bunch of tools and car stuff that he was very happy with. It's basically stuff that's left over from the specials so it can be hit and miss but I got a good few things that I'd missed out on previously and I paid less for them. Worth a trip if it's nearby and with the foul weather/rugby it was very quiet today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

Went out there today got a mini chopper for chopping up veg was only 2euro but its really good.

Not really worth the drive if your coming a long distance for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

I doubt it has anything to do with Lidl. I suspect it's the same lot that did the "liquidation sale" thing in Wickes out there.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

They've been advertising this in the regular Lidl stores for the last couple of weeks. This is how they get rid of the leftover things from the specials each year.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,438 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Got a Bluetooth stereo for €20 there 2 years ago, still working, I'd say some of it is returns and more of it is just unsold stock.
    Very easy to buy stuff there that you don't need I'd say,

Advertisement