Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amber Ella

Options
  • 01-02-2014 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

8 degrees are brewing more Amber Ella this week and it will be available in bottle and draught.

WOOHOO!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Think there are still one or two bottles floating about, like hen's teeth.

Personally this was my beer of the year for 2013. Can't wait for fresh Amber Ella!

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

And it has hit Dublin! Looking forward to 5pm tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

It's landed in Cork as well. Bottles in Bradleys and on tap in the Bierhaus.

They've always had a good supply of it in galvins on bandon road whenever I call in. There was loads of it there a few days ago anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

On tap in Dublin where?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Bull & Castle said they'd be tapping it at 5pm today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Note to self: check twitter more regularly ya dope!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

They've always had a good supply of it in galvins on bandon road whenever I call in. There was loads of it there a few days ago anyway.

Galvins seems to be a place that most craft beer drinkers in the city forget that they sell craft beer. Any limited edition beer that Bradleys gets in usually goes fairly fast, but can be found months later in Galvins. I was just in there before Christmas and not alone had they Amber Ella, but also Kindred Spirit. Been able other beers in there as well before, that long gone from Bradleys at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Galvins seems to be a place that most craft beer drinkers in the city forget that they sell craft beer. Any limited edition beer that Bradleys gets in usually goes fairly fast, but can be found months later in Galvins. I was just in there before Christmas and not alone had they Amber Ella, but also Kindred Spirit. Been able other beers in there as well before, that long gone from Bradleys at the time.

Galvins on Douglas Road has the Amber Ella also. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Carlow Brewing getting on the act:
    Join us on an adventure exploring the hop flavours of the world with the release of our latest brew O'HARA'S AMBER ADVENTURE.

The initial release has a strong southern hemisphere influence using four varieties of New Zealand hops in the kettle and for dry hopping. The result is a 4.1% ABV sessionable beer with a malt backbone solid enough to support the hoppiest of adventures!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Sorry to bring up an old thread but just tried a bottle of Amber Ella this evening. It is soooooooooooo nice. Going back to the offi tomorrow to pick up as much as I can afford!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,876 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Yeah, at 4 for €10 it's become a regular under my stairs.

Yeah, at 4 for €10 it's become a regular under my stairs.

Where are you getting it at that price?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Got 5 for 10 in molloys

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Maynard

Had my first taste of this finally in Dalkey on Thursday. Really good stuff.

Got 5 for 10 in molloys

by your name i assume it was in monkstown molloys?

my local one in Dublin 15 hasn't got amber Ella included in that deal unfortunately.

Maynard wrote: »
    Had my first taste of this finally in Dalkey on Thursday. Really good stuff.

i thought i was the only one late to the party

• Registered Users Posts: 16,876 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Where are you getting it at that price?!

Bradley's, Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

Amber service station in Fermoy has it at €2 a bottle, normally a good stock there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

by your name i assume it was in monkstown molloys?

my local one in Dublin 15 hasn't got amber Ella included in that deal unfortunately.

Leopardstown, the posters had it included and one of the guys on the till said it wasn't included but the other one told him to give it to me, this was 2 weeks ago so they may have changed it since

• Advertisement

IT-Guy wrote: »
    Amber service station in Fermoy has it at €2 a bottle, normally a good stock there

Pity it's in fermoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭neamhspleachi

Leopardstown, the posters had it included and one of the guys on the till said it wasn't included but the other one told him to give it to me, this was 2 weeks ago so they may have changed it since
    Same for me in Molloys in Tallaght although I usually drop in 2-3 times a week to buy a bottle of something I haven't tried before so the guys look after me

Advertisement