Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attic renovation

Options
  • 01-02-2014 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi

Does anybody know if you need planning permission to do an attic renovation? I live in a semi d and the neighbors are doing this, the builders re coming after 5 sometimes during the week and @ 740 on a Saturday morning.

It's been going on for the last couple of weeks and tbh honest I'm only home@7 most evenings and have the weekends off so the noise is wrecking my head. We don't get on with them anyway they are extremely noisey and have a dog that always barking around 2am
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

depends on what they are doing. If they are adding a dormer or skylights for example they are likely to need PP if they aren't and are just converting the attic then they probably don't.

However there are laws upon what hours work can be done. Think its about 8am to 9 or 10 pm so if they are working outside these hours you may have a legitimate complaint to the council.

However if your just complaining because of noise at the weekends and for a few hours when you get home in the evening your going to have to suck it up.

Advertisement