Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Favourite of these 3 Pairs of Shoes...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I love the Ted Baker ones! They look great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭BonsaiKitten

Seconding the Ted Baker ones!
    Really nice looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭lisa_eire

:eek: i prefer the first link

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Ciara GaGa

Not mad on the laces of the ted baker ones
    Prefer the first link!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

My advice would be don't waste your money on any of them. They all have an awful looking shape,poor paper thin leather,a glued on sole and the brogueing looks cheap, in other words they're disposable shoes. If you spending that amount of money you may aswell stretch your budget and go for something from Loake or Herring shoes, they will look miles better than any of your links, last years if you look after them and when you wear out the sole a cobbler can replace it. You've forked out for a suit don't ruin it with dodgy looking shoes.
    I also think if it's your first decent pair of shoes you'd be better off going for a plain captoe rather than a brogue if you are going to be wearing it with a suit.

If you are still set on your links then don't waste that amount of money on them, you'll pick up similar pairs in TK Maxx for at least half that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

padi89 wrote: »
    My advice would be don't waste your money on any of them. They all have an awful looking shape,poor paper thin leather,a glued on sole and the brogueing looks cheap, in other words they're disposable shoes. If you spending that amount of money you may aswell stretch your budget and go for something from Loake or Herring shoes, they will look miles better than any of your links, last years if you look after them and when you wear out the sole a cobbler can replace it. You've forked out for a suit don't ruin it with dodgy looking shoes.
    I also think if it's your first decent pair of shoes you'd be better off going for a plain captoe rather than a brogue if you are going to be wearing it with a suit.

If you are still set on your links then don't waste that amount of money on them, you'll pick up similar pairs in TK Maxx for at least half that.

+1000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

The first pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I find the ones above shapeless/ too floppy, they would take away from your look rather than enhance it, especially if it's a black tie affair.

I agree with the above - invest in a good quality, classic pair and they'll last you a lifetime. I recommend Churchs, yes they're pricey, but beautiful and structured. I think the look very dapper :)
    www.herringshoes.co.uk stock them and I *think* a shoe shop off Grafton (Fitzpatricks ?) also stock some of their range.

Best of luck OP

First pair!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Grenson are a great make too, you can often get them at reduced prices at pediwear.co.uk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

The Ted Baker ones for me. The toe shape of the first is too rounded to look sharp and the third are just a less attractive version of the second!

Advertisement