Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting with SW/ Intero Officer next Monday

Options
  • 31-01-2014 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi, I wish to ask you for advice as three days before my meeting I'm starting to be even scared.. They stated in a letter that this will be an interview regarding my recent review of JA. 2 months ago i send them my reports, copies of emails and all info how I look for a job. Now they wish to see me... Maybe sending about 6-7 cv per week isnt much for them... Maybe doing online Fas courses is stil not enough...every week I'm in worsth condition! I was always so happy, so positive and smiling...Now, as more applications I'm sending I'm getting smaller respond...

15 years working without breaks. 18 months ago got make redundant! Trauma, shock but while I'm not working from that time I stay at home with my little son.
    Please help me here... How in proffesional way I can explain that offering my for example internship 30 miles from home... for 50e extra to my JA is something I couldn't probably do. Why? My husband is full time 6 days a week when creche cost is a minimum 900€ !!! How can we manage then ? This is why Im freaking out right now.. If officer will take my money if he wont listen.
    Because I have no family here to help me with kids. I even need to go for Monday appoitment with my kid! I know it nothing good, but have noi choice.

My daughter 14, started secondary school last year, and I will not ask her to mond her brother to late evening hrs while her dad back.
    I dont mind to pay for creche while I earning full time money.
    For 6 years in my last job I was managing and administrating three online shops, office, and stationery shop, thought that is something... But no! Not enough! Im highly multitask, but so what if this was small familly business where I was doing all for them.

Recently I decided to start from begining. i apply for general operative job with minimum pay... Nothing! Nobody replies.
    Should I change my Cv experience and lie to and with all?

i'm really sorry for being so negative about all.

Can you share your thoughts please?

Thank You

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Bring the child, can't see an issue there.

Just keep asking the interviewer what can they do for you? Turn it back to them.

If you do a FAS course there may be a CETS place included (childcare), so obviously thats the way to go rather than an internship where there is no childcare included.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭sabinalee

I was unlucky to get childcare place? I was on full time course last year Sept...Great as I finally left home, met new people, learn lots.. My son was at the creche but still on a waiting list. 4 weeks after, while I was in the middle of the course Girl from Creche called me and said " sorry, but K....County Childcare ran out of funds and we can't keep your son on special price" !!!

Yes, I have from SW 650€ per month. No, I couldn't spent all and think from where I'll find another 250€ to cover creche only!!
    Tutors couldn't understand that sick situation. They contact County Council but got same story.

Of course SW took me off JA for 6 weeks!! I needed to writte so many letters and explain what was the situation. After that 6 weeks thye back all what they did owe me.

I'm a fighter, and in the same way I'm looking for a job. I can attend to another course, but I will not stand an another disapoitment of me and my chiild trying another place at creche.

Thank You for your advice wimpdd3

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Oh god that's terrible.

What a horrible situation and of course you can't seek a CETS place without having the course place confirmed.

About 3 years ago I had 2 months to find a place, I called everywhere on the Childcare committee list and didn't find a place in time, for months afterwards I was getting calls offering a creche place.

Bring every shred of paper you have of proof of this situation.

Also, if either of your JSB runs out, get the close the claim and get one person to claim as a dependant as the dependant does not have to engage in any of the activation things like course and the interview above.

Advertisement