Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Genealogy

Options
  • 31-01-2014 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Im currently seeking information on family in the west of ireland. I have tryed online sites and librarys but its been a dead end and quite stressful. I was wondering if anyone knows or has a contact name,number or even amail address of a genealogist who would trace roots for me. Be grateful for ur help and advice. Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

How much information do you have?
    If you have surnames and a parish name www.irelandxo.com can be useful.
    Also many towns now have Facebook sites, more people from the area would look at this more than geneological websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Embracement

Yes i have parish and name. Thats great thank you for your help. Also looking into gettin a familt tree done

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

If you know the name of the parish and denomination it's usually possible to figure out where the historic records are held and what dates are available. Films of most RC records are held in the National Library, and many of the Church of Ireland records are held in the RCB Library in Church, Co. Dublin.

Some but not all parish records are online, but depends on the area

why not post the name of the parish the denomination, and approximate dates ?

p.s. If your dates are after 1864 then it's often easier to search civil records - so FamilySearch & GRO

Advertisement