Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11th Test team

Options
  • 31-01-2014 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭

Surprised no thread on this yet.

ICC with a possible farcical proposal to have a temp 11th test team IF Intercontinental Cup winners beat the worst ranked test team in a home and away series.

This is just a complete joke if true. Whilst it potentially opens the door for Ireland (although when this stupid proposal would kick in is unknown) its just a stupid proposal entirely.

How the ICC could potentially do this is beyond me. This completely opens the door for a side without the right structures in place to enter the test arena and makes the chance of Bangladesh part 2 become very real.

As much as I like what the Afgans have achieved recently could you imagine the disaster that would occur if they got test status though this new proposed process right now ?

It also ignores Irelands on and off field achievements thus far and places the test status onus on the result of a one off series.

Shortsighted (if passed) doesn't even begin to describe this.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I never actually saw this before, but it does seem pretty poorly thought out alright. On a slightly related note the Netherlands lost their ODI status today, one poor tournament and they are out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Cricket Ireland seem to be somewhat in favour of the proposal it seems. Its a complete farce of an idea, but from CI's point of view I can see how they might consider it the best route we might get into test cricket any time soon.

Advertisement