Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Still not smoking.

• 31-01-2014 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Day 12 smoke-free. Those Nicabate minis really work for me. I got 3 packs for $25 and they are ususally $12 each, so everything is going my way. I use the 4mg and I constantly have one in my mouth. I know when it has gone because I want to smoke. I feel a lot better, hardly coughing, better sense of taste, more energy. It is getting easier by the day. I think I have genuinely beaten it this time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Little Lion Woman

Rabid50 wrote: »
    Day 12 smoke-free. Those Nicabate minis really work for me. I got 3 packs for $25 and they are ususally $12 each, so everything is going my way. I use the 4mg and I constantly have one in my mouth. I know when it has gone because I want to smoke. I feel a lot better, hardly coughing, better sense of taste, more energy. It is getting easier by the day. I think I have genuinely beaten it this time.

Hi,

How are you getting on with the quitting?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Hi,

How are you getting on with the quitting?

I tried to quit on january 4th by going ont he e-cigarettes.
    Then I got a nasty virus and couldnt stomach the thought of them, I got better after a week but never got a craving again, its so odd.

SO I am off them over a month now, and not sure how I feel, I kind of miss them and cant imagine spending holidays without them on the beach etc but I guess it would be silly to go back when I have no chemical addiction anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Little Lion Woman

I tried to quit on january 4th by going ont he e-cigarettes.
    Then I got a nasty virus and couldnt stomach the thought of them, I got better after a week but never got a craving again, its so odd.

SO I am off them over a month now, and not sure how I feel, I kind of miss them and cant imagine spending holidays without them on the beach etc but I guess it would be silly to go back when I have no chemical addiction anymore.

That's brilliant, well done!

I think I'll miss them on holidays too and in beer gardens in good weather but am just taking it one day at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

Day 38 for me. Cold Turkey. Cravings have finally receded, i'm not looking back!

Horrible horrible poison muck. Good riddance.

Advertisement