Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skill training

Options
  • 31-01-2014 12:42am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 79 ✭✭

I've been playing WoT a while now and it never ceases to amaze me how many people don't know what they're at but also have no idea how to get better. With that in mind I thought I'd recommend some of the sources I've used to increase my win rate by 2% over 3 months (58.8% win rate over the last 1000 battles with over 11k games played total) .

<disclaimer> Apologies if I'm tellin' y'all stuff you know, or if this has been posted before, but for newer players arriving here, I thought it would be good to have such stuff available ;) </disclaimer>

Quickybaby:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/QuickyBabyTV?feature=watch

Probably the best one I've come across, highly technical and explains what he's doing and why very well, without being condescending. He also live streams on Twitch 3 times a week. Seems to be a thoroughly nice bloke too.

The Mighty Jingles:

http://www.youtube.com/user/BohemianEagle?feature=g-subs-u

Does some great long reviews and gives the perspective of the "average player". Great descriptions and a funny guy at times too.

Circonflexes:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SirCircon

Fun, laid back gaming. Doesn't spend too much time explaining what he's doing in live streams (which like quickybaby he does) but if you're after some laid back time with good music while watching a really good player do his thing.... Circon is your man.

So have fun and if you have any that you could recommend through knowing the guy has helped you, please reply with the details. I figure I could never know enough so good recommendations are something I reckon we all need :)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,106 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I keep to those, and also to Mr Falkers for his medium stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrFalkers

And PointyHairedJedi:

http://www.youtube.com/user/PointyHairedJedi

He's not the best player by his own admission, but he usually tries to explain what he's doing right and what he's doing wrong.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 79 ✭✭Drweavil

Thanks Spear, I didn't know about Falkers, I have a Leopard 1 too and I must admit I really haven't gel'd well with it at all. I loved it on the test server but when it came to live, I just seem to play it wrong (probably too much like a light or a heavy) so that's a great source, cheers mate :)

I also love it when people say what they're doing wrong, embracing the fail is central to learning imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

11k games in 3 months?!!!

i have 7k games since beta launch

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭VikingG

Ya... I have 5K games in 2 years.....but I take breaks and go off and play other games for a while.....

Sorry :) 11k games in total, in those 2 months it was a total of about 3k. Apologies for the confusion :) Beware of the dangers of Jetlagged posts !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Drweavil wrote: »
    I have a Leopard 1 too and I must admit I really haven't gel'd well with it at all. I loved it on the test server but when it came to live, I just seem to play it wrong (probably too much like a light or a heavy)

The Leopard 1 doesn't even really play like a typical medium tank. You're way too fragile to be anywhere near enemy guns so it's a true "sniper" tank. You need to do your damage while not getting hit/spotted yourself. It's almost like a Batchat without the auto-loader.

Aenaes wrote: »
    The Leopard 1 doesn't even really play like a typical medium tank. You're way too fragile to be anywhere near enemy guns so it's a true "sniper" tank. You need to do your damage while not getting hit/spotted yourself. It's almost like a Batchat without the auto-loader.
    I couldn't agree more mate, it is very fragile! The funny thing is I'm at 53% win on my BatChatt and play it the same way as the Leopard...

I do love it but for some reason I'm always making the wrong decisions. Perhaps I need to play more like a light (as said) and be an annoying spotter for phase 1 of a game. With the test server up it's the ideal time to review. Cheers. :cool:

hehe, thought 11k in 3 months was a lot.

that quickbaby dude, his vids are evry good, nice post.

the video of the nationalities against each other, is that a random game choice in 8.11 or only for clan battles?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,106 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

copeyhagen wrote: »
    hehe, thought 11k in 3 months was a lot.

that quickbaby dude, his vids are evry good, nice post.

the video of the nationalities against each other, is that a random game choice in 8.11 or only for clan battles?

It's a separate mode from randoms, like encounter and assault.

ah thats cool, i only play standard battles, always felt the other game modes were tripe.. but that is really interesting.. except for trees with hardly any tanks, like the jap line..

• Advertisement

copeyhagen wrote: »
    ah thats cool, i only play standard battles, always felt the other game modes were tripe.. but that is really interesting.. except for trees with hardly any tanks, like the jap line..

Which is why the Japanese and Chinese lines are excluded from it.

thats fair.

looking forward to that now.

Advertisement