Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stalker mod

Options
  • 30-01-2014 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to track down a mod I played years ago for Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl.

I think it was an overhaul mod. It made the graphics a lot darker, mono-chrome in a lot places. I *think* it made gameplay harder too.

A quick google indicates that it isn't the "complete" mod or Oblivion lost. Is there another one I'm missing.

There seems to be another one called Nuclear Snow but I don't think that's it either.

Basically, it made things very gritty and dark. Excellent mod.

(It could actually be one of the ones I've listed above).

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

stalkersoup ?

http://www.tecnobacon.com/

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2031941&page=874

i think there's a large enough update due out soon so mybe hold out on installing/downloading until tecnobacon gives the go ahead on the steam forum thread

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Nope, definitely not.

It really could be Oblivion Lost but the gameplay videos don't look familiar.

Edit: that looks amazeballs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Wow, might give stalker another go with that update.

Dunno why, but never gotten more than a few hours in to the game.

BizzyC wrote: »
    Wow, might give stalker another go with that update.

Dunno why, but never gotten more than a few hours in to the game.

probably because you're dropped into it with a **** pistol and a series of dodgy sounding accents and left to it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Stalker takes a bit of investment. The starting weapons are pants but once they get better it becomes a lot more enjoyable.

• Advertisement

once you exit the second area (the dump/garbage depending on translation) more weapons become available and the game starts properly. from there you head over to agroprom and there's a couple of great "missions" there or you can head up to the bar which leads into the dead city, freedom warehouses, radar.... christ I want to play this again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I remember now.
    Last time I was playing got a good bit in and had great gear.

I had a sniper rifle and took out an entire town of guys in good gear and looted like mad.

Then I got stuck, literally stuck somwhere. Couldn't get out of the spot and couldn't face replaying the several hours i had just invested...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

My first time playing STALKER, I had the Complete Mod installed and so whilst I had no frame of reference for what it was like un-modified, it was an experience like no other. The setting was so wonderfully bleak and inhospitable, I actually didn't want to go back to the game and had to force myself to play :)

I can see a replay in my short term future...

Advertisement