Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Air Support Unit in Naas area

Options
  • 30-01-2014 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Garda air support unit flying in Naas area last while with lights on anyone know whats going on??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Possibly they are flying in the Naas area with lights on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭lighterman

Possibly they are flying in the Naas area with lights on.

Seriously Why bother replying??

You guards might be used to it but the ordinary person wouldn't. It's human nature to be inquisitive about these things.
    I guarantee if it was flying around your parents house, your parents or whoever else would be asking the same questions.

Anyway OP there was a robbery in one of the supermarkets out that way.car was either abandoned or crashed on the monread road. That's about 4th hand info to me but that's the gist of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭bluebottle102

lighterman wrote: »

Anyway OP there was a robbery in one of the supermarkets out that way.car was either abandoned or crashed on the monread road. That's about 4th hand info to me but that's the gist of it.

It is on the idependent.ie news app some guy done 5 burglaries in 1 hour in Mullingar and took a chase too Naas where he was caught after he crashed. Two other guys got away

I would guess this was the reason the chopper was out looking for the remaining two

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

You guards might be used to it but the ordinary person wouldn't. It's human nature to be inquisitive about these things.
    I guarantee if it was flying around your parents house, your parents or whoever else would be asking the same questions.

What the GASU was doing there is nobody's business. It has flown over my house many times, but I dont ring my local station asking what it was doing there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭lighterman

What the GASU was doing there is nobody's business. It has flown over my house many times, but I dont ring my local station asking what it was doing there.

Apologies but you've lost me. Where was the local station mentioned. I certainly didn't mention it.

I don't see the harm in asking on a public forum.

If someone knows they reply if they don't why bother making a smart comment.

• Advertisement

No harm in asking.

Plenty of harm in receiving an accurate answer that the criminals evading could read and use to plan their escape, or other criminals could read and act with impunity because they know it wasn't them being observed that night.

And if you think criminals aren't reading, plug "Garda helicopter naas" into google and set the search to "last 24 hours"

Guess what's the first result on the list? You're reading it right now.

Think how easy it was for you to find in Google. Now think how easy it is for a criminal, who has a vested interest in Garda activities in Naas in the past 24 hours, to find.

Loose Lips Sink Ships. Applies to more than just military conflicts you want to win y'know.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭info13

Thanks for the reply shame about the other comments from the know it alls.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Aestivalis

To be honest. The Garda Helicopter, and several other emergency services helicopters are out every single day hovering around the place.

We dont know whats going every time they leave. They could just be practicing. They're just doing day to day jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AlfaDelta

info13 wrote: »
    Garda air support unit flying in Naas area last while with lights on anyone know whats going on??

Many of the UK air support units have Twitter accounts giving update on jobs they've been doing e.g. @NPAS_Filton, @NPAS_CarrGate

I think this gives the public a good insight into the great work being carried out by what is a very expensive publicly funded resource. Would be nice to see the Garda ASU follow a similar approach.

I'd agree with you, if we didn't have a dissident republican & crime gang problem in various cities to deal with

I think you'll find the police work discussed by those accounts less sensitive to discussion than the above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭unattendedbag

Mr Benson's whistle was stolen again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement