Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a steering wheel need advice

Options
  • 30-01-2014 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

I am currently playing euro truck simulator 2 with a controller and I am looking
    to upgrade to a steering wheel, I'm looking a 900 degree wheel as cheap as possible can someone please help me out, Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

I'd go for the Logitech G27 a cracking wheel and pedals for the price works great with euro truck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

best bang for buck is a second hand G25( theres not much difference between it and the G27 ), should be able to pickup one for about 100euro, i got mine about 3-4 years ago for 125euro and it was immaculate. Otherwise second hand G27.

Euro Truck Sim 2 is brilliant with a wheel, add the Oculus Rift and its fantastic.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

G25/G27 or something from Fanatec who have wheel/pedal setups for every price range.
    Also id suggest the TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458 Italia Edition,i spoke directly to Darrin Ganji from simracing tonight fame and he said its a brilliant piece of kit and possibly the best bang per buck available although the pedals are not great, he recommended to combine with g25/g27 pedals.

Those are my recommendations for something relatively affordable all top quality,if you want to spend more i can advise with that also :)
    If you get a nice wheel do it justice and get hold of Asseto Corsa and or Game Stock Car 2013 [no its not about stock cars] or iracing.

I might be in a position to sell my G25 wheel and pedals very soon, the paddle shifters are broken [friends son got at it :(] but everything else works fine, H and sequential shifters,pedals,wheel everything else is fine.

If interested send me a pm, im tempted to sell and upgrade if i get a decent offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aaronsharkey

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

If its working its a bargain, personally i wouldnt buy without seeing it working first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aaronsharkey

I have the money to buy a brand new G27 will it add much to the experience also what other games and sims would you recommend

Advertisement