Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

One door not locking with fob

Options
  • 30-01-2014 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

One of the doors isn't locking when I use the fob or when I manually lock it. Its a Citroen Picasso. The lights flash on as normal and everything looks ok. Just discovered it wasn't locking by accident when I happened to check. Any ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

courgette wrote: »
    One of the doors isn't locking when I use the fob or when I manually lock it. Its a Citroen Picasso. The lights flash on as normal and everything looks ok. Just discovered it wasn't locking by accident when I happened to check. Any ideas.

What do you mean when you say it doesn't lock when I manually lock it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 courgette

I mean when i use the key to lock the car instead of just clicking the button on the fob. The batteries are fine. Over Christmas there were warnings about it being unsafe to use a fob to lock a car and that it was better to use your key. .....something about scammers being able to open your car. Not too sure how so I won't go there. But then when I used the key and then automatically checked the door and it wasn't locked. Even worse, once you open that door then all the doors unlock. It could have been this way for a year ....I never checked before. Would love to fix it without a huge bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭dooroy

Which door isn't locking ?
    Can you lock that one on its own first and then lock the rest with the fob or key ?
    I have seen a few cars where owners discovered by chance that one of the doors wasn't being locked - and as you say could have been that way for quite a while .
    Have you tried locking the passenger door with the key ?
    A door failing to lock could be due to a few causes - locking solenoid in door could have failed/seized ; wire could be broken - maybe where it goes from door pillar into door ;

• Registered Users Posts: 3 courgette

Its not possible to lock that door on its own . It's all or none I'm afraid ! It the back passenger door. But I'll check the wire because it just could be broken. Thanks

Advertisement